If you are looking for a caring, licensed, healthcare professional in the Phoenix area, call me. If you have further questions, would like to schedule an appointment, or are looking for a speaker for your organization, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to supporting you in your greater health and well being.
- Illinois Wesleyan University; Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- University of Hawaii; Master of Science in Nursing
- Hypnotherapy; American Society of Clinical Hypnosis, 2000
- Alternative Healing Therapies; University of Phoenix, 1998
- Occupational Health Nursing Specialist (COHN-S), 1996-2011
- Paralegal/Legal Assistant; Arizona State University, 1987
- 2007 "Distinguished Nurse Alumna of the Year"; Illinois Wesleyan University
- 1998 "Nurse of the Year"; Arizona Occupational Health Nurses
- 1997 C. Everett Koop "Healthiest Companies in America Award" Honorable Mention (researcher)
- Employee Excellence Award: Motorola; June 1995
- Outstanding Faculty Award; University of Phoenix; May 1990
- Phi Kappa Phi, National Honor Society
- Sigma Theta Tau, National Honor Society of Nursing
- Dean's Honor List, undergraduate and graduate school
- Pullman Academic Scholarship; 4 years undergraduate
- University of Phoenix, 1980-present
- Gateway Community College, Adjunct Faculty 2009-2011
- University of Illinois, Adjunct Faculty 2009-2010
- Illinois Wesleyan University, 1974-1979
- University of Hawaii, 1972-73
- Blackwell Complementary and Alternative Therapies: Fast Facts for Medical Practice. Herring, M. & Roberts, M. (Eds.). Malden MA: Blackwell Publishing, Inc. 2002
- "Current Considerations in the Treatment of Migraine: Managed Care Implications
Roundtable Discussion," (Panel Participant) Managed Care Interface, Supplement, 1998, p.11-28.
- Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Nursing, (Contributor), St. Louis: Mosby, 1996.
- "Twelve Common Barriers and Misconceptions for the R.N. Returning to School," co-author Julie Malcolm, Focus On Critical Care, February 1988, pp. 45-51.
- Cardiovascular Nursing. New York: Medical Examination Inc., 1985.
- "Student Experience in Intensive Care Units: A Faculty-Staff Collaborative Venture,"
Heart and Lung, Vol. 8, No. 5, September/October 1979, pp. 944-948.
- American Holistic Nurses Association 2016 Regional Conference
- 25th Annual Southwestern Regional Nurse Practitioner Symposium, 2013.
- National Conference American Association of Occupational Health Nurses; 2006, 2005, 2004
- Arizona Integrative Healing Conference; 2005, 2004
- Phoenix Oncology Nurses Association; 2005, 2002
- National Conference of American Holistic Nurses' Association; 2003
- Arizona Nurses' Association Annual State Convention; 2003, 2000, 1999
- Arizona & Greater Phoenix Operating Room Nurses' Association; 1990, 1989, 1988
- John C. Lincoln Hospital Trauma Conference; 1991, 1990
- Scottsdale Community College;1997, 1996, 1995, 1993, 1992,1991
Mary has also spoken at: Banner Thunderbird Hospital, Scottsdale Healthcare, St. Joseph's Medical Center, Yavapai Regional Medical Center, Kingman Regional Medical Center, Wickenburg Hospital, Motorola, Honeywell, Law Firm of Lewis & Roca, Sun Lakes United Methodist Church, Corpus Christi Catholic Church, Phoenix Soroptimists, Hadassah Valley of the Sun, Mesa Community College, Scottsdale Community College, and several local support groups.